Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Closed Letters...

From: Alan M. Dershowitz
To: the Guardian (and Louise Christian)


Dear Guys and Gals:

I read your review of my book, Preemption: A Knife That Cuts Both Ways. Great bad publicity if I don’t say so myself. Thanks, and could you please publish my enclosed corrective letter…

All the Best,
Alan


From: the Guardian
To: Alan


Dear Alan:

First, we appreciate your appreciation. Nothing like mutually assured publicity eh! Anyway, we were about to publish your corrective letter when it occurred to us that this cow isn’t anywhere near dry. Let’s milk this baby for all it’s worth by refusing to publish your correction. Capiche? Thanks so much. We look forward to reading your corrective letter and tongue lashing in another publication.

Kisses,
the Guardian

p.s. Try Slate, they’ll publish anything.

No comments: