Thursday, October 12, 2006

[sikwoiu] Hello All

This is a test and a request. If you’re reading this on wagtheslate then the test was a success (and I actually kinda know it’s going to work). So much for that. Now the request: I would like it if someone reposted the following in Best of the Fray.

---

Subject: Do you have a blog?

If you do, or you’re ready to start one, wagtheslate would like to repost your content. It’s easy and it’s automated. All you have to do is change the settings on your blog to email _____________, and from then forward, whenever you post on your blog, your post will be reposted on wagtheslate with a link to your blog. Example: [link to this post here].

If you’re interested, email wagtheslate@gmail.com

Include in that email a link to your MBTU and your blog (new or old).

You’ll be sent a blogger invite to join wagtheslate (which you can ignore), and a reply from wagtheslate@gmail.com with instructions on how to have your blog posts automatically republished over on wagtheslate.

p.s. A new feature has been added to wagtheslate: The last 15 comments to the blog are now displayed on the sidebar.

p.p.s. Beta.Blogger is new, and makes customizing your blog that much easier. If you’ve thought about setting up a blog before, but found it too inflexible/technical, Beta.Blogger is worth checking out.

--
Posted By sikwoiu to sikwoiu at 10/12/2006 10:01:00 AM

8 comments:

topazz said...

I was just about to go do it and see you beat me to it.

Patience is a virtue.

TenaciousK said...

Question: I see comment moderation has been enabled. Does this mean non-contributors have to wait to have their comments screened before they appear? Is this a good idea?

Bear with me - I'm new at this.

Anonymous said...

I turned comment moderation off. Not sure, but I don't think anyone was moderating it anyway.

My personal preference is word verification to deal with spam. However, I consider the matter open for debate.

Anonymous said...

I had the same concern, so I tested it this morning. I amended this post on sikwoiu and republished it. It didn’t go through. So, no worries in the spam department, but in the same breath you won’t be able to edit the version on wagtheslate.

Anonymous said...

test

Anonymous said...

DC - OhmiGod! Is that you? Your voice? Your eyes? You, waiting by the path?

For some reason I had the distinct impression you were far more attractive in the, er, traditional sense. But either way, well done.

Anonymous said...

Um, it (moderation) is not enabled?

Or did I just score the blackball or what?

Anonymous said...

...and there it is. Grr. wtf?