Friday, October 06, 2006

Design Questions for the Class

Good progress by the way. I’ll need to do up some new icons over the next few days, but after that’s done, it’s down to minor tweaks.

In the meantime, I’d like some input. Which do you prefer?

Beta - no small caps on the sidebar, the fray list lifted up to the header, and in there place the rss of the last 5 posts; or

Beta2 - small caps in the sidebar and the frays there too; or

Some other combination of elements?

Personally, I kinda like Beta. Remember, the faq will be tabbed, so no real need for a prominent “About Wag the Slate” in the header.

Lastly, taking nominations for a new name. My preference is for something that incorporates “3936”, and one which passes the test.

8 comments:

topazz said...

Both versions are fine but if I had to choose I'd pick Beta 2, only because in comparing the two, somehow it seems more visually appealing to me - and visuals are something this blog needs more of. An overall background that stands out more than what we're using now. With all the expertise around here surely someone could offer up a few blog templates to vote on? I'll look for a few examples of what I'm talking about and link them here.

As for the blog title, these titles come to mind for whatever they're worth -
1) Slate Street

2) Thirty Nine Thirty Six

3) Apartment 3936

4) Department 3936

TenaciousK said...

Stalag 3936

MsZilla said...

Suite 3936

Makes it seem a bit classier and implies an odd sort of illicitness.

I like "Slate Street", too.

And if we're going off wag, how about "Wagistan"?

Anonymous said...

Beta 2 seems better somehow.

Three Nine Three Six

Anonymous said...

I like Beta 2 better. I have no idea why.

topazz said...

august,

I think Ender said the name change is necessary because of switching to a beta format - I don't understand that whole technical part of it but maybe a name change is a good idea regardless? Personally, I never really warmed up to "wag the slate" as a blog title - I think we can do better. As far as "catching on" - once the switch is made, isn't there a way we could do a link to redirect people to the new site if they click on the old one?

We need a few more blog title suggestions, and then put it to a vote. So far the contenders are:

1. Suite 3936
2. Thirty Nine Thirty Six
3. Three Nine Three Six
4. Slate Street
5. 3936 Slate Street
6. Frayberia
7. Frayversaria
8. Stalag 3936
9. Wagistan

JohnMcG said...

Studio 3936 Rock on the Sunset Strip?

MsZilla said...

Someone might want to delete that "AnJaka" comment above. It's comments spam.