Thursday, November 02, 2006

Frayge6:TheOuterSanctum-What Time Is It?

Check Your Fraywatch
Autumn Leaves Us Wanting More Daylight
Compiled by switters
Updated Thursday, November 2, 2006, at 12 PM CST

Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?

No.

In a week that saw everything from David Edelstein's return, to doodahman's feature in Fraywatch in which he castigated a Dear Prudence reader for watching her grandmother starve to death, a reader who then showed up, crying, to defend her actions, which dood castigated some more, to a veritable knock-down-drag-out fist fight of words between David Mills and (possibly) Terry McMillan over there in TV Club – oh, and Best of the Fray is totally like broken, again – our fearless editor, Frayeditor05 (Adam?), turned his considerable editorial acumen on the earth-shattering topic that has us all atwitter with angst, melodrama, and seasonal depression, i.e., the Daylight Savings Time fiasco. And scam.

Snore!!!

Are you kidding me? There's a lynch mob brewing in Theater calling for Twyla Tharp's tiny-brained head on a platter over her abomination that is The Times They Are A-Changin', Constance Casey decides over in Gardening not to plant spinach this year because we may be drinking poisoned water, Plotz claims King David was a con man, the poem "A Moment Ago" makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, everyone is thinking it but is to afraid to say that 30 Rock is really terrible but Alec Baldwin is excellent, Fred Kaplin stops just short of calling Ornette Coleman a genius and nobody calls him on it (okay, one person did), and Christian takes on the whole "Fall Back/Spring Forward" debacle? What's next: "Dandruff: The Forbidden Exfoliant"? "Readers Discuss the Prevalence of Hangnails"? "What's Up With All These Car Commericials"?

And isn't there some kind of voting thingie next week or something? I'm seriously beginning to wonder why I even bother sometimes. (Why do I?)

Anyways, unless you've been in the deep reaches of outer space trying to fix the Hubble telescope (or Ballot Box) for the last 3 weeks, it should come as no surprise to loyal readers of Frayge6:TheOuterSanctum that we firmly espouse the following notions:

1.) Slate owns your posts.
2.) As such, the folks at Slate are free to do with your posts what they see fit, within reason and propriety (whatever that means, and sometimes even not).
3.) The Fray is a collection of message boards which are, more or less, open to the public.
4.) As such, readers are, more or less, free to comment on said posts however they see fit, within reason and propriety (whatever that means, and rarely does that happen a lot).

So, if one of you completely insane retards gets on here and posts,

"Dear Slate Readers,
I feel so terrible. I circumcised my 2 year-old daughter with a pair of pruning sheers, and I really feel bad about it, but I feel deep within my heart that it was the right thing to do because of my spirituality, and the voices in my head. Am I a bad person?
–Left Holding the Clitoris in Atlanta"

don't be surprised if the Cyber Sisters show up and ream the shit out of you for mutilating another human being in the name of whatever god you've been brainwashed into believing in. At least for this week. Again.
=
For your consideration:
=
For Your Consideration
=
Our freedom of speech is freedom or death…
-Chuck D

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank god you were here.

ANd yes, Adam is, by my estimation, a tool. Geoff doesn't read me either, but at least Geoff doesn't exude the sycophantic incompetence of a first-time high-school-teachers-pet five-paragraph-essay-writing twit.

That feels better.

ANd thanks for reminding me why I shouldn't open youtube from work. Bastard.

K

MsZilla said...

Dear Fray,

I love what you've done with the place.

Kiss Kiss,
MsZilla In Exile

Seriously, I'm beginning to wonder if I got banned and no one wants to tell me for some reason. The BOTF is one thing; I can't get logged in at all. I had one flash of brilliance where I thought I'd found a chink in it's magenta armor, but it closed the gap after only a couple posts.

And I loved the Tube link. My kids are driving me nuts with Guitar Hero and that video causes nearly as many flashbacks per second. Maybe if I keep it up I'll build up some sort of immunity.

topazz said...

You laugh. Because of all the furor caused by that MTC column last week, there's now a been a bill submitted to the House & Senate for state-wide "Nana&Poppop alerts" similar to the Amber alerts already in place.

Apparently if the old geezers don't finish their greenbeans, somebody's be lookin' at time in the slammer.

rundeep said...

I love you all. I'm glad ender has given us a BOTF in abstentia. And I'm not just saying this because I will have very little time to post in the next 2 weeks.

Work is about to go to the Very Serious Place and I won't be around much. But I'll read you. So keep the quality high.

Smooches around.

rundeep said...

Oh keif, by the way, Adam isn't a tool. Can't be, because otherwise I'm undeserving. Which is a conclusion some of you may have come to anyway. Ah well.

Anonymous said...

Okay rundeep, I admit he got one right.